SciFi Fantasy Saturday- May 5

For Cinco De Mayo here’s another snippet from Aristeia: Revolutionary Right. If you like it, the ebook is still on sale for another few days for only $0.99.

Deciding a little gesture could go a long way, Maarkean lowered the pistols he was holding. His fingers never left the triggers, and he was confident he could bring a gun up faster than the Terran could cross the space between them, but it was still a risk. Conversations at gunpoint never went very well, though.

The Terran visibly relaxed. Maarkean spoke first. “Let’s say I believe you. And let’s say I’ll overlook, for now, the fact that you’ve tried to steal my ship not once, but twice. We share a similar problem.”

“And what might that similar problem be?”

“Both of us were released when we shouldn’t have been, and both of us could find that error corrected at any moment. Your solution was to run before they figured it out. I can understand that; what is one man capable of doing?”

Check out more snippets here.

This entry was posted in Writing and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to SciFi Fantasy Saturday- May 5

1. JC Cassels says:

Sounds like quite a standoff you’ve got going there! Great snippet!

2. T. M. Hunter says:

I agree…conversations at gunpoint never end well. Fun snippet!

3. Nice set up, Wayne! Great hook.

4. cpsingleton says:

gripping!
    Love a good stand off before breakfast!
    Well done.

5. Great tension, but I really loved the dialogue and inner monologue of your character–pulled me straight into the scene. Fantastic.

6. T.K. Toppin says:

Well, I just couldn’t resist, and bought a copy!! Now I’ll be able to find out what happens next!!! 🙂

• Wayne says:

Sweet! Score one for the snippets. Soon everyone will buy a copy and I can rule the galaxy! err…umm…thanks!

7. Cary Caffrey says:

Whenever I have a conversation at gunpoint, I always remind myself, Han Solo shot first!

8. Sort of “enemy of my enemy is my friend?” Watch out, that doesn’t stick very long.

9. I was going to make a comment about how conversations at gunpoint invited tampering by George Lucas, but, as usual, Caffrey beat me to the punch.
    I liked this and now I have a new book to add to my Kindle reading list.

10. He tried to steal the ship TWICE?! Some people never learn. smh

Great snippet! I love the tension building between the two.

11. Misa Buckley says:

Ah, temporary alliances. Always fun, but beware their sudden but inevitable betrayal.

12. Pippa Jay says:

Sometimes you just have to take a risk. :0)